5-LOXIN® Shows Improvement in Joint Comfort and Flexibility within 7 days!
5-LOXIN® is a new, patent-pending, clinically-studied† dietary supplement ingredient. In human studies, 5-LOXIN® promotes joint health and function and protects against collagen degradation, an important component of connective tissues.
5-LOXIN® inhibits an enzyme called 5-lipoxygenase. 5-LOX inhibitors follow a distinctly different pathway than COX-2 inhibitors, and while both are involved in the breakdown of arachidonic acid, 5-LOX inhibitors do not exhibit the potentially negative effects that have been associated with COX-2 inhibitors. And 5-LOXIN® is a selective, non-redox 5-LOX inhibitor, which means that its action is very targeted, not affecting other systems.
5-LOXIN®’s safety is supported by historic usage, published human studies, and extensive safety and toxicity studies.
5-LOXIN® is the most potent boswellic acid extract available†
- Boswellic acids are natural, selective 5-lipoxygenase inhibitors. There are six boswellic acids; however, AKBA is the most active
- 5-LOXIN® provides a higher concentration of AKBA, standardized to 30%, while other Boswellic acid fractions contain only 2% - 3%
- In a recent human study, both 100mg and 250mg of 5-LOXIN® daily provided improvement in joint comfort and mobility within 7 days
- 5-LOXIN® provided significant benefits in WOMAC, VAS and LFI standardized testing methodologies for joint health
- 5-LOXIN® positively impacted biological markers associated with joint and general health, including TNFa, CRP, and IL-6
- 5-LOXIN® was shown to significantly inhibit matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-3), enzymes that break down cartilage, collagen and connective tissues
5-LOXIN® is well-tolerated, easy on the stomach and supported by extensive safety data
5-LOXIN® is presented in alliance with Laila Nutra, a division of Laila Impex, one of the leading producers of herbal extracts in India. The center is recognized by the Indian Government’s Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), is affiliated with numerous university Ph.D. programs, and actively collaborates with Georgetown University and the Ohio State University Medical Center.
Laila Nutra is a leader in process development for standardized herbal extracts and phytochemicals, as well as the isolation and characterization of marker compounds. In addition, the Center creates custom synthesis and process development for pharmaceuticals, semi-synthetic natural products, and supports this work with patents and publications.
Selected Published Research with 5-LOXIN®
Roy S, Khanna S, Shah H, Rink C, Phillips C, Preuss H, Subbaraju GV, Trimurtulu G, Krishnaraju AV, Bagchi M, Bagchi D, Sen CK, Human genome screen to identify the genetic basis of the anti-inflammatory effects of Boswellia in microvascular endothelial cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2005; 24: 244-55.
Roy S, Khanna S, Krishnaraju AV, Subbaraju GV, Yasmin T, Bagchi M, Sen CK, Inducible matrix metalloproteinase-3 expression in human microvascular endothelial cells is sensitive to anti-inflammatory Boswellia. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, 8, 3 & 4, 2006.
Lalithakumari K, Krishnaraju AV, Subbaraju GV, Yasmin T, Chatterjee A, Safety and toxicological evaluation of a novel, standardized 3-acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA)-enriched Boswellia serrata extract (5-LOXIN®). Toxicology Mechanisms and Methods 16: 199–226, 2006.
- Krishanu Sengupta, Krishnaraju V Alluri, Andey Rama Satish, Simanchala Mishra, Trimurtulu Golakoti, Kadainti VS Sarma, Dipak Dey and Siba P Raychaudhuri, A double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled study of the efficacy and safety of 5-LOXIN® for treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee, Arthritis Research & Therapy, Vol 10 (4): R85, 2008.
Selected 5-LOXIN® Press Releases
- Human Study demonstrates Joint Comfort and Mobility in 7 Days
- Review Article on Boswellia Serrata Highlights 5-LOXIN®'s Efficacy
- 5-LOXIN® and Human Gene Expression demonstrate Mechanism
- Study with 5-LOXIN® and MMP Enzymes Shows Protective Benefit
- 5-LOXIN® safety demonstrated in oral, topical and toxicity testing
- PLT and Laila Nutraceuticals announce Alliance